Welcome


Welcome.

I created this blog to document the sights of our boating season
for our family and friends to follow.

Enjoy the tour.


Tuesday, May 14, 2019

The fun begins

I had to lift the spirits a little after the news last week of the Sea Ray transport delay.  That was a tough pill to swallow but there's nothing I can do about that.  Just have to roll with the punches.

I woke up this morning to a bright sunny 38°.  Brrrr.  But the weatherman promised that is would warm up so I hitched up the Crestliner and headed to the river.

Unfortunately, I just can't seem to crack the nut on that fishery.  It's so difficult for me.  Kind of like chewing gum and walking at the same time...I can't do it.  The whole game is to keep the boat and jig moving at the same speed as the river current.  Any wind causes the boat to move at a different speed so constant adjustment is required with the electric motor.  It's not really a relaxing activity.

That said, I had three bites on my first drift and landed two nice walleye.  After that, nada, nothing, zilch.  Not sure what happened after a stellar start.

But there was plenty of river traffic to watch today and it was sunny and comfortable.



It was better than sitting home but I'm about ready to scrap this river thing and move out into the lake.

As they say...Better luck next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment