Welcome


Welcome.

I created this blog to document the sights of our boating season
for our family and friends to follow.

Enjoy the tour.


Sunday, November 11, 2012

Well, time to take a little break from the sawdust creation to get a little boat maintenance done. 

I traveled over to the boat for a day this week with good friend Jim Sarna to polish the hull sides.  Jim's technique has evolved over the past year or two and he has become quite accomplished at this craft.  After Jim applied the polish/cleaner with a wool bonnet, I followed up with a coat of Collonite paste wax.  The results were impressive.  My 23 year old hull looks like it came out of the mold yeaterday.

Here, Jim applies the polish/cleaner.

The results.  An almost "wet" look.

Now, back to the winter project.

The weather was nice this week, so I did a lot of outside chores but did manage to get the stock glued up and sized for the table legs.

Rough size lay up.

Squaring up the stock.

Final thickness planing and cutting to length.

I'll have a bit more time for this in another week with time off for the holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment